The other night at the Catification book launch event in Phoenix, someone handed me and Jackson each a bag of chocolates, which of course made us both VERY happy! Well, they were not just regular chocolates, no sir! They are from Rescue Chocolate, and I’m thrilled to find out about this company for so many reasons!
Rescue Chocolate makes 100% vegan, gourmet chocolates that are handcrafted in Brooklyn, NY and 100% of net profits from the sale of all their products go directly to animal rescue. But wait, it gets even better. The packaging for each different flavor of Rescue Chocolate brings awareness to a different aspect of the pet overpopulation problem, seeking to spread the word about these important issues:
- Peanut Butter Pit Bull – crispy peanut butter and chocolate, countering the negative public image of the pit bull-type dogs.
- Foster-iffic Peppermint – dark chocolate with peppermint, highlighting the need for people to provide foster care for shelter animals as they await their forever homes.
- Mission Feral Fig – fig, cranberry, almond, and spices, highlighting the humane solution for feral cats, TNR.
- Fakin’ Bacon – smoky, sweet and salty, a salute to farm animal sanctuaries and compassionate gourmands.
- Forever Mocha – hazelnut praline and coffee, highlighting ways to help people make and honor a lifetime commitment to their pets.
- Calico Coconut Rum – sweet, delightful coconut pairs with warming, dark rum while reminding everyone that a cat’s claws are vital for feline health and happiness. It’s cruel to de-claw, and a cat’s claws are cool! Just as cool as Calico Coconut Rum!
I got to try the Mission Feral Fig and the Calico Coconut Rum and, let me tell you, they are both MIND BLOWING! Seriously, this is some of the best gourmet chocolate I’ve ever had and it’s VEGAN! The Mission Feral Fig is filed with luscious chunks of dried fruit and nuts, it is incredible, and since today is National Feral Cat Day everyone should order some to celebrate!
So, please visit RescueChocolate.com to order some of these treats or check out their Where to Buy page to find a store near you that carries Rescue Chocolate. If you, your company, or rescue group is interested in ordering Rescue Chocolate at wholesale, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
And to whoever gave us the samples the other night, THANK YOU!